Privacy and protection of your personal data is important to us and we are committed to ensure you are fully informed about your rights and how we use your data. Our Privacy Notice will tell you how we collect and use your data to improve your experience with us. We’ll make sure we collect and store your data securely and only retain it for as long as we need to. You will always be in control of the way we use your data and communicate with you, and should you wish to make a change you will easily be able to do so in store by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Company name: Coole Eco Community
Our website address is: www.cooleecocommunity.ie
The Data Administrator for Coole Eco Community is PJ Dooley who is based at Ferbane, Co. Offaly, R42K006. The Data Administrator can also be contacted by email at email@example.com
For simplicity throughout this Notice, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Coole Eco Community
The Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the website (Site), interacting with the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you sign up to our newsletter service, make an enquiry about our products and services or log a support ticket. The information you give us will include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as preliminary information about your business.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. You can opt-out of having made your activity on the Service available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Customers Depending on if you choose to shop with us, we may collect and process your information as detailed below.
- IP address, browser, device, time & location
- Login details: email billing/delivery address & password
- Registration info: name, email, address, phone number, company name (if we need to verify eligibility)
- Pages viewed, page interactions and visit duration
- Email Newsletter Subscribers: What we collect: Your name, email address and country. We use Mailerlite to manage and send our email newsletters and marketing messages. These may contain tracking beacons/tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data. Both adhere to GDPR rules.
- Legal compliance We may need to collect and process your data if we have a legal obligation. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Coole Eco Community to law enforcement authorities or to external advisers.
- Links to other websites. Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, you should note that we do not have any control over those other websites. This is why we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- Downloads and Media Files. Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party anti-virus software or similar applications. We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third py websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
- Social Media Policy and Usage. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms, users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media. There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.
- Children. We do not knowingly sell products or provide services to children. If you are under the age of 16 please seek the permission of a parent or legal guardian before accessing any of our websites, social media platforms, products and services. If you are under the age of 13 please do not give us any information. If you have provided us with any personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to delete it as quickly as possible. If you know of any child under the age of 13 who has submitted personal information to us please email us at email@example.com and we will attempt to remove it as quickly as possible.
Why we collect this information
We collect information from and about you at various times and in different ways to help us provide you with the best possible service based on our overall understanding of you, as well as to meet our obligations under the law.
We use your data to:
- communicate with you and manage our relationship with you
- personalise and improve your experience
- improve our services, fulfil our administrative purposes, comply with our legal obligations and protect our organisation
- inform you of latest trends, products, services and promotions that you may like
- For customers: To fulfil your order, to protect our organisation and your account from fraud and other illegal activities, to understand our customer’s behaviour and personalise our website to improve your online experience.
- For email newsletter subscribers: To send you information about us and our products and services and offers that may be of interest or which you have requested, and improve what we send out.
Sharing your data and why we need to share it
We never pass on any of your details to anyone unless you have requested us to put you in touch with them (for example associates/referrals) or are required to by law.
We may share your information with:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centres.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
Storage of your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where your personal data may be processed
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors in countries that are outside the EEA such as Australia or the USA. For example, this might be required in order to provide support services.
If we do this, we have procedures in place to ensure your data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA. For example, our contracts with third pies will state the standards they must follow at all times. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for so long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and for us to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. We maintain retention records of how long information containing personal data will be retained for.
At the end of the respective retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
You have certain rights to control your information and the manner in which we process it. This includes:
- A right to request us to correct inaccurate information, or update incomplete information;
Please refer to the Updating Your Details section below as to how to do this.
- A right to withdraw your consent where you have given us your consent to process your data;
- A right to object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process your information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- A right to object to us processing your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing;
- You can withdraw any consent that you have previously given to us or to change your preferences on any automatic benefits that we action.
- A right to ask that your information is erased (or restricted), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process your information;
- A right to get access to your personal information
- The right to request that your information is transferred to another controller in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format)
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to our Data Protection Officer whose address is above. Please allow up to 7 days to acknowledge receipt of your email. We are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than €6.35 in respect of our administrative costs. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice, and, where applicable, further information to help us search for your personal information, where a specific request is received. If you have authorised a third py to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to make the request.
We will respond to your request within 1 month of us verifying your identity. You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information as detailed in the Updating Your Details section. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You can learn more about your rights on this website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
Updating your details
If any of your personal information changes, you can email us at email@example.com or call +353874162268 if you have not had your email acknowledged within 7 days.
To unsubscribe from our email marketing list you can click on the unsubscribe link in any promotional email you might receive or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the changes required.
Our Privacy Notice is intended to be helpful to you in explaining why and how we collect and use your personal data and in providing you with information about your rights to control your information. Email us on email@example.com or call +353874162268 if you have not had your email acknowledged within 7 days.
If, however, we have been unable to address your concerns or you are unhappy with the way in which we have handled your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to our Privacy Notice